For all cake lovers and those with sweet teeth, this recipe from Bakedcomfortfood.com is the baking recipe for you. Fruit tarts are your ideal sweet other than cake. We have seen pictures of tarts online, and they look very inviting. With this recipe, you can bake tarts and deliver their goodness to your loved ones from the comfort of your kitchen.
Before you begin preparing for the tart bake, you may want to check your kitchen for the following ingredients. If you do not have some, then it’s time for a trip to the stores.
Fruit Tart Ingredients
- 120g of softened butter
- 1 egg
- Two of the 320g all butter short-crust pastry sheets
- 120g of sugar
- 110g of ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 90g of cherry jam
- 12 glace cherries
- 200g of icing sugar
- In this recipe, mango is the fruit of choice. One mango will do. Have it sliced to small sizes of the desired shape.
With all the ingredients ready, we can start preparing the tarts.
Method of Tart Preparation
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180/160 degrees, fan/gas 4. Lightly butter the muffin tin. The quantities detailed above are enough to produce 12 tarts.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut 12 circles using a 10cm circular pastry cutter. Fit the cut circular sheets into the muffin tin holes. Ensure they are evened out with no creases. Ensure that they slightly protrude from the holes.
- Place the pastry in your fridge and let it chill for 20 minutes. Scrunch up baking paper into 10cm by 10cm square sizes. Un-scrunch them and use them to line each tart. Fill the pastry with rice, baking beans, and dried pulses then bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the beans and the paper and have the pastry bake for a further 10 minutes until the tarts turn golden brown.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl. Whisk the egg and add flour to the mixture.
- Place the ground almonds on a space where you can fold them. Add a spoonful of cherry jam on every pastry shell.
- Add a tablespoon of the frangipane mixture and bake for 20 minutes. The frangipane mixture should turn golden and become springy.
- Set the pastry aside to cool. Upon cooling, trim the edges to smoothen the tarts.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of water with icing sugar. Spread the paste on each tart. Place a glace cherry on top and the tiny cubes of mango on the side. Let it settle for 20 minutes then serve.
There you have it. This simple tart recipe simplifies the mystery behind the baking of the fruit tarts. Check out bakedcomfortfood.com for more delicious recipes.